Our outside sales territory in Central/Western Nebraska will be open, due to a retirement. The territory covers the middle & West portions of the state, from the North to South to West borders. Lincoln, Columbus Norfolk are the Eastern border towns of the territory. You will be required to live inside the territory. There will be some overnight travel required to efficiently make sales calls to customers. Customers range from manufacturers, cabinet and countertop shops to kitchen & bath dealers to architects, designers & large end-users.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Make regular calls to existing accounts in the market to foster relationships, develop programs with current and new products and maintain merchandising tools, literature and samples.
- Make regular prospecting calls and set up new accounts for existing product lines.
- Develop relationships to expand both the customer base and products sold in the market.
- Make periodic calls with management, suppliers, specification reps and others to enhance product knowledge and opportunities with regular and non-traditional customers.
- Provide training for customers to enhance product knowledge, provide solutions and present programs to aid in sales of product.
- Make sure customers have current pricing as well as provide requested quotes to customers in a timely manner. Maintain special pricing agreements to increase sales opportunities within accepted margins.
- Keep accurate records of customer information, current costs and sell prices.
- Assist customers on correction of service difficulties as well as customer’s complaints and matters of warranty issues. Inspection of material, collection of pertinent data and resolution of issues to be done in a timely manner.
- When necessary, make calls on customers to collect past due invoices or regarding their credit status.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings, open houses, training seminars, trade shows and product training opportunities as necessary.
- Prepare and submit necessary regular and periodic reports to keep management informed of activities, issues, competitive situations and other related information.
- Submit sales expenses for reimbursement in a timely manner.
- Work with warehouse personnel and in the office when necessary.
- Have experience with Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Five years outside sales experience required, building material or countertop/cabinetry experience is a plus.
- Experience using CRM is preferred.
- Able to lift 20-50# on a daily basis.
- Good driving record.
To apply, e-mail your resume and cover letter attention: Sales position to email@example.com